Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote (Canada, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
We are looking for a UX Manager to help redefine and realize how players engage with Hyper Hippo Entertainment’s (HHE) games. The UX Manager plays a critical role in how HHE continues to be a leader in idle games and beyond. Leading the UX team at HHE, this person also is embedded in our products, demonstrating their expertise. The UX Manager will be building out and upon our internal UX team, leading the team as a people leader. Career and craft mentorship will be key responsibilities for this role, from being part of the hiring team through to performance management.
A UX Manager’s Impact
- Responsible for ensuring UI/UX quality across the studio, working with both the Director of Games and the Executive Producer
- Successfully leads, manages, and develops the members of the UX team
- Works with the Talent Acquisition Lead to own the recruitment process of new UX members of all levels
- Develops the UX Job Family Matrix (JFM), illustrating career pathing for junior, intermediate, senior team members, including roles and responsibilities
- Establishes and reviews UX best practices across each of the game's teams
- Maintains a “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality in order to dive in and assist with day-to-day work as needed
- Upkeeps product and design-related documentation for the team and studio
- Actively contributes to the discussion and work towards diversification and representation of the IP in our games
- Champions accessibility features where possible and ensures standards are met
- Works with Game Designers and Software Developers to define product goals and strategize ways to achieve them
- Owns and participates in the process, from detailed wireframe documentation, to clickable prototypes, to high quality mock-ups
- Implements the consistent visual design of the UI within our products using Unity, working within technical and data requirements
- Participates in conducting user research and A/B testing to validate the studio UX designs are effective in creating business value
- Authentically contributes to team discussion and feedback sessions, fostering delight and supporting a culture of experimentation
Your Track Record Includes
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience Design, Product Design, Game Design, Interaction Design & User Research
- 2+ years of leading UX team members
- A compelling portfolio that demonstrates a growth mind-set
- A great eye for UX quality and a strong demonstrated UX design ability
- Significant experience in relevant and complementary technology, like Unity
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- A desire to make a difference in the world through your work
- Knowledge of games and the games industry
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various team needs with each other and in relation to the rest of the Games strategy and other teams
- Deep understanding of the game production process and entertainment trends
- Creative, collaborative, attuned to people, and how to coach and support
- A passion for the games industry and motivation to adapt to its constantly evolving rhythm
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.