Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote (Canada, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
Hyper Hippo has great people that make great games. We want to make sure that our game development processes match that level of fantastic. We are looking for the right person to take our current methodologies of making games and elevate them to the best level they can be.
A Studio Project Manager’s Impact
- Improve and own the software development framework, covering game titles from concept through live ops
- Coach the project management and development teams on the continuing development of software development best practices
- With multiple titles in both development and live ops, work with senior studio staff on resource roadmaps, ensuring that the full company is aware of resource requirements and hiring lead times. This position will have impact throughout the full studio.
- Work with game title teams on ensuring project management status transparency with game leadership team.
- Help ensure that the titles in development have the appropriate support from company infrastructure, including HR/recruiting, IT, and facilities
Your Track Record Includes
- 6+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years leading project management teams
- Experience with leading software development teams from initial requirements through to release and live operations
- People first leadership – you excel not just at how to build software development processes, but also know how great teams work and communicate together
- Ability to confidently communicate with multiple levels of seniority throughout the organization
- Multiple cycles through mobile software product development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You will stand out if you have full cycle Free to Play mobile experience on multiple titles
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver, and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.