Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote (Canada, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
Bringing deep product development and project management leadership to our growing production team and library of titles, the senior producer plays a key role in development and on-going live operations. This is an opportunity to unleash both the creative and logical sides of the brain. The production staff strives to deliver a high-quality game, on time and on budget while maintaining an inspired and healthy team. At Hyper Hippo this is achieved through building relationships with the development team, focusing on the priorities and solutions to challenges, and leading the creation of compelling and exciting concepts and products from concept through to live operations.
A Senior Producer’s Impact
- Lead the vision and development of the game, from the earliest stages of ideation through to live-ops.
- Oversees the creative and technical development of the game
- Defines feature and game requirements
- Ensures overall quality of the end product
- Holds daily and weekly meetings to keep the production of the game running according to plan
- Ensures timely handover of deliverables
- Coordinates between the various stakeholders/partners involved in the game
- Works with Executive Producer and Director of Games on budget and timeline planning
- Keeps management informed of game progress and roadblocks
- Works with Executive Producer on external contracts and licensing deals, if necessary
- Help mentor the production staff in best practices
- After launch, continues to refine the game
- Got ideas for a new game or how to improve a current product? Let’s hear them!
Your Track Record Includes
- A minimum of 5 years as a game producer with live operations experience
- Experience publishing to multiple platforms an asset
- Familiar with user acquisition, player retention, player engagement, and monetization metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to lead by influence
- Highly organized with an understanding of process, project management, and the tools that support it
- Demonstrated ability to translate analytics and user feedback into actionable game features
- Knows what it takes to make an amazing player experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of micro-transactions and F2P core game loops
- Enjoys collaborating with a small, creative team
- Ability to work without supervision, you are a self starter
- Degree or certification in Business, Project Management, Arts, or applicable experience
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.